Stunning French spa-chateau in Norman countryside, perfect for large groups
Set in the sprawling French countryside of Normandy, Chateau de Villers Bocage offers guests the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in comfortable and luxurious chateau living, whilst receiving the highest standards of hotel-style service.
The chateau offers true historic charm with traditional staff from ladies' maids to butlers. Made up of two buildings – one completed in 1637, the other in 1766 – it was used as a hospital during World War Two, saving it from the bombings, which means it retains many of its original features. However, guests will still find all the modern comforts alongside some contemporary and tasteful design touches.
The extensive landscaped grounds feature an enclosed garden, an orchard, pretty woodland areas and a large in-ground swimming pool with sun loungers. The on-site helicopter pad is perfect for those who wish to arrive in style and the grounds are approved for hot air balloon take-offs and landings for the ultimate in scenic tours.
Inside is a second swimming pool, a large Jacuzzi, a sauna and hammam, and on-site masseuse for true relaxation.
Entertainment options are seemingly endless at the chateau, where guests can tailor-make their experience. There is cinema room with a huge screen, surround sound and a PlayStation, the lower dining room becomes a mini nightclub by night, musicians and performers can be invited for private concerts, and guests can partake in a number of classes and demonstrations such as cooking lessons with Michelin-trained chefs.
All 18 bedrooms in the chateau have en-suite or private facilities, many boasting grand marble flooring and walls, and ornate period features.
For a truly unique and immersive experience in a stunning historical property, Chateau de Villers Bocage is the ideal property.
- Outdoor & Indoor Pools
- Emperor’s Suite – Large double/twin beds and en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower
2. Turret Suite – large double/twin beds and en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower
3. Pope’s Suite – large double/twin beds + separate room with twin beds and shared en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower
4. Wisteria Suite – large double/twin beds + separate room with single bed and shared en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower
5. Green Room – large double bed and en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower
6. Blue Room – large double/twin beds and en-suite bathroom with shower
7. Yellow Room – large double/twin beds and en-suite bathroom with shower
8. Spring Room – large double/twin beds and en-suite bathroom with shower; can interconnect with the Autumn Room
9. Autumn Room – large double bed and en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower; can interconnect with the Spring Room
10. Striped Room – large double bed and en-suite bathroom with shower
11. Coral Room – small double bed and en-suite bathroom with bathtub & handheld shower
12. Gold Wheat Room – double/twin beds and private bathroom with bathtub & handheld shower
13. Cathedral Room – large double/twin beds + 2 x single beds and en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower
14. Mezzanine Room – small double bed + mezzanine with 3 x single beds and en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower
15. White Suite –double/twin beds + second bedroom with 2 x single beds and shared en-suite bathroom with shower
16. Bouquet Room – double bed and en-suite bathroom with shower
17-18. Staff Quarters – 2 x twin rooms and shared private bathroom with shower
|1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022||Price on request|
Prices per night, on request. Minimum stays apply. Extra guests may be accommodated on request.
- Indoor swimming pool with current jets (10 x 3 m)
- Jacuzzi (15 people)
- Massage room
- Fully-equipped gym
- Yoga studio
- Cinema room
- Wine cellar
- Table tennis
- Grand piano
- PlayStation 4
- Satellite TV
- Surround sound systems
- US & LAN power sockets
- Outdoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi & current jets (20 x 4 m)
- Landscaped gardens
- Outdoor living areas
- Sun loungers
- Water features
- Woodland areas
- Hot air balloon landing site
- Breakfast service (2 hours/day)
- Daily housekeeping (2 hours/day)
- Linen/towel change (1 change per week)
- Golf (9-hole option) - putting
- Badminton, tennis, football and basket court
- Bowling green
- Organic vegetable garden
- Chef service
- Extra housekeeping hours
- Spa treatments
- Cooking classes
- Private concerts – music, ballet etc.
- Horse riding
- Hot air ballooning from chateau grounds
- Activities & excursions
Chateau de Villers Bocage lies in Normandy, known for its dramatic coastlines and beautiful countryside.
There are numerous historical sites to visit, from the locations of 11th Century battles of William the Conqueror, the gardens that were created and painted by Monet and led to the birth of Impressionism, to the beaches of the D-Day landings during the Second World War.
The UNESCO World Heritage site of the island-abbey Mont Saint-Michel is just over an hour’s drive away. Guests can also explore several stunning chateaux in the region, many of which welcome guests of Chateau de Villers Bocage for drinks and exclusive tours.
The region is known for Camembert cheese, apple cider, and fresh seafood so visitors can indulge in a range of culinary delights during their stay.
D-Day beaches (various) – 30-60 minutes’ drive
Private castles (various) – 20-60 minutes’ drive
Bayeux – 30 minutes’ drive
Mont Saint-Michel – 70 minutes’ drive
Caen-Carpiquet Airport – 15 minutes’ drive
Deauville Airport – 1 hour’s drive
Paris Saint-Lazare Train Station – 2 hours’ drive
Disclaimer: the location on the map may be approximate due to privacy reasons.