Glamorous Lech is one of Austria’s most famous resort towns. Popular since the 1920s, this former farming village has managed to retain its original character and charm. Its somewhat isolated location is part the appeal for its high-income clientele including Hollywood celebrities, sports stars, and royalty. The resort also featured in the second instalment of the British Bridget Jones franchise – Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.
The Lech-Zürs resort is part of the Arlberg ski area, the largest in Austria and fifth largest worldwide. Linked with the neighbouring resorts of Stuben, St Anton and St Christoph, as well as several smaller resorts, the region boasts more than 300 km of groomed pistes, 200 km of high Alpine powder runs, and various snow parks to enjoy. The “Run of Fame” is a spectacular 85 km -long ski circuit that takes guests through the entire Ski Arlberg region.
With an average annual snowfall of 9m, Lech has one of the longest season in the Alps, often running until late April, making it the ideal choice for spring skiing fans.
During the summer months, the region transforms into a countryside heaven. Visitors can enjoy hiking and trail running, canyoning, mountain biking, fishing, golfing, and even swimming in the Lech forest swimming pool.
A must-see for visitors year-round is Skyspace Lech – a cultural experience like no other. Built into the mountainside, it features an underground tunnels with light installations and a moveable ceiling dome allowing visitors to view the sky in completely unique ways.
- Pretty, traditional architecture and mountain village charm
- Huber House – museum showcasing history of the village
- St. Nicholas Church – gothic-style building with rococo interior
- Skyspace Lech – a walk-in art installation
- The “Run of Fame” – ski circuit through entire Ski Arlberg region
- Oberlech-Lech toboggan run – 1.1 km, family-friendly run
- Lively après-ski in the bars & pubs of Lech-Zürs
- Heli-skiing – fly to remote peaks and ride down untouched powder terrain
- Christmas markets every weekend in December
- Winter: 305 km of pistes, 200 km of powder & several snow parks
- Summer: hiking and trail running, canyoning, mountain biking, fishing, golfing & more
Bedrooms: 11, Guests: 24
From 165,000 to 490,000 EUR per week
Bedrooms: 5, Guests: 12
From 45,400 to 104,530 EUR per week
Bedrooms: 8, Guests: 16
From 147,000 EUR per week, to price on request
Bedrooms: 5, Guests: 14
From 68,600 EUR per week, to price on request